Become a Member
Become a member
Members of GEDOK Stuttgart form of a network of artists. You are invited to experience art, to question it and to exchange ideas. The GEDOK house is a unique artists’ residence and art center that combines living quarters, working areas (studios) and an exhibition space (gallery)
under one roof.
GEDOK Stuttgart offers its female artists freedom for self-determined artistic work and experimentation, as well as the opportunity to bring in their own ideas, implement them, and share them with the
public; manifesting in the association’s goal of promoting the work of women artists.
A jury decides on the admission of members. Professional formal artistic training is required for membership.
Benefits of membership
- Artists from GEDOK Stuttgart can contribute ideas for exhibition projects; take part in non-juried member exhibitions; apply to have an exhibition in the GEDOK gallery; and apply to receive a living or studio space in the GEDOK house; as well as, apply to partake in the artistic exchange program with the partner cities.
- Following acceptance into GEDOK Stuttgart, female artists receive proof of their artistic activity.
- All GEDOK members receive regular information regarding current calls for proposals and all GEDOK Stuttgart events.
- All GEDOK members receive free entry to the collection of the Staatsgalerie, and to all GEDOK Stuttgart events on presentation of their membership card. They receive reduced admission to the Linden Museum Stuttgart, the Württemberg State Museum, and the special exhibitions of the Staatsgalerie.
- The GEDOK membership fee can be deducted as a donation.
Become a sponsoring member
Those interested in art can financially support the ideals and values of GEDOK Stuttgart with a sponsoring membership. As a sponsoring member, you will receive the GEDOK membership card, free entry to GEDOK events and regular information on GEDOK Stuttgart events.
50 Euro per year full membership
35 Euro per year reduced membership (trainees, students and members from 65 years)
50 Euro per year sponsoring membership
Application as PDF (in German)